Collection of information and data
Personal information that Users gives the Company
The Company receives, processes and stores personal information, including but not limited to name, email address, nationality, time zone, contact details, address, guiding country, city, date of birth, gender, experience, language spoken, rates, ID photos, profile photos and tour guide license photo, Tour details and Tour photos submitted voluntarily by Users. The information are made available to the Company when Users:
- Fill in any form on the Website, such as when you register, sign up or update your details, or when you supply ID and other forms of verification.
- Access and use the Website, to browse, search for or create Travellers and Buddee profiles and Tours, communicate with other Users, make or accept bookings, pay for the Services and post comments or reviews.
- Link third-party sites, including but not limited to, e.g., Facebook to your User account, where we obtain personal information that you have provided to the third-party site as authorised by Users.
- Communicate with the Company via Facebook messenger
Data that the Company gets from your use of the Website
The Company also receive, store and process data when you use or access the Website, including but not limited to:
- Mobile Data - such as IP address, location and location tracking information, when you use or access the Website via your mobile device.
- Log Data - which is information automatically recorded by our servers whenever you use or access the Website, regardless of whether you are registered or logged on to the Website. Such information includes but not limited to IP Address, date and time access, hardware, software, URLs, clicks, pages viewed, time spent.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies - a small data file that is transferred to your device for record-keeping purposes. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer. Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies. Please note that some parts of the Website may not function without cookies. We track your activities when you click on advertisements and may use analytics to track what you do in response to these advertisements. We may directly or through Third Parties the Company engage in, track your behaviour on our Platform for purposes of, including but not limited to, customer support, analytics, research, product development and quality control.
How does the Company use and process information and data that are made available
The Company use, store and process the information and data that are made available, including but not limited to, for the following purpose of:
- Enabling Users to access and use the Website
- Enabling Users to communicate with each other and the Company
- Performing analytics and conduct research and personalization as customer service
- Maintaining and creating a trusted platform for Users' security and privacy
- Enforcing our terms and policies
- Sending Users service and support notices, updates about the Company and the Website
- Sending marketing, advertising and promotional messages about the Website and services
- Customer service and support for the use of the Website
Display of information on the Website
Personal information from Buddees
Some information collected from Buddees is accessible to all Users on the Website. Some information collected from Buddees will not be accessible to all Users on the Website. Some information collected from Buddees will only be accessible after a booking is confirmed. The information will only be released to Travellers who made the booking and will not be accessible to all Users on the Website.
- Information accessible to all Users - all Users on the Website can view Buddee profile information and photos that Buddee uploaded to the Website. The information includes gender, residence, language spoken, experience, guiding country, hourly rates, profile photos and tours guide license. The information is shared openly and is available to all Users on the Website.
- Information not accessible to all Users - other information will also be collected from the Buddee, including but not limited to, contact number, email addresses, time zone, age, ID photos, date of birth, social sites and Skype address. The information will not be shared openly and is unavailable to all Users on the Website.
- Information accessible after a booking is confirmed - email addresses and contact information will only be released after a booking is confirmed. It will only be released to Travellers who made the booking and will not be shared openly and is unavailable to all Users on the Website.
Personal information from Travellers
All information collected from Travellers will not be accessible to all Users on the Website. Some information collected from Traveller will only be accessible after a booking is confirmed and is released to the Buddees whose services Traveller engage.
Information collected during booking and payment: email addresses, name, nationality, contact number will be collected on the Website during booking and payment. The Company do not collect, store or process credit card information that is used for payment. Payment is secured and processed by service providers such as PayPal and Stripe.
Information accessible after a booking is confirmed - email addresses and contact information will only be released after a booking is confirmed. It will only be released to Buddees whose services Traveller engage and will not be shared openly and is unavailable to all Users on the Website.
Rights to Monitor
The Company reserves its rights to monitor all activities on the Website to maintain the standard, safety and control, to pre-empt problems and other purposes.
Credit Card Information
Credit Card information - We work with Stripe and PayPal, who specialise in Fraud and Data Verification for secured payment and security information. The Company do not collect, store or process credit card information that is used for payment.
Links to Third Parties
Third Parties Service Providers
The Company may use services from other companies for business related functions. These services include but not limited to emailing services, maintaining the database, data tracking and analysis, payment process, etc. We will provide information that they require to the specific function should there be a requirement.
Disclosure for Legal Reasons
We reserve the right to release information should there be any legal compliant request for disclosure.
No one can guarantee that transmission of data over the Internet is completely secure. It may be possible for third parties to intercept unlawfully or access transmissions or private communication. While we strive to protect your personal information, the Company cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and we shall not be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages you may suffer if your transmission of data was intercepted.
The Company may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We will post those changes to this privacy statement, the homepage, and other places we deem appropriate. We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently.
Updated: 1st October 2016