Full Day Heritage George Town Tour
Penang, Ipoh, Langkawi & Northern States, Malaysia
A warm welcome to Penang. I am a LICENSED city tour guide by Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Malaysia. I have been calling George Town, Penang - UNESCO World Heritage Site, my home for more than 30 years now.
My customers comes from all walks of life and from all over the world, be it free individual travelers who flew in, to passengers from cruise ship stop-over at Penang, or tourists who drove in from neighboring countries.
I provide TOUR GUIDING SERVICE + TRANSPORTATION for tours, focusing mainly on Penang island and Penang mainland. With transport, It is definitely more convenient and enjoyable to experience what Penang has to offer within the shortest time. While one may travels George Town heritage enclave by foot, there are many places of interest located outside George Town such as Penang Hill, Kek Lok Si Temple, Tropical Spice Garden, Tropical Fruit Farm and Entopia Butterfly Farm.
Customers can choose either to do half-day, full-day or multiple-days tour of Penang only; or Penang plus other nearby locations, depending on how many hours or days they have in Penang.
1) 4-hour half-day tour or 8-hour full day *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for George Town city tour.
2) 4-hour half-day or 8-hour full-day tour *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for round Penang Island tour, Penang Hills and Temples tour and Penang Firefly Tour.
3) MULTIPLE full-day tour (quoted as per day rate of 8 hours) *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for George Town and Penang tour & Penang mainland tour.
A full day visit to George Town's heritage enclave - heritage houses,
clan houses and best of all, people are still living and thriving in
these heritage sites. Visit them to understand why this city, together
with Malacca were inscribed into UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site in
2008. Understand George Town's diverse multi-racial cultures, their
living styles, past and present, that live harmoniously side by side of
each other along the same street. Sample some exotic and fusion local
food and in the afternoon enjoy some cool moment in museums beside some
street arts and the unique house on water - the jetty clan house.
- Upgrade to Private Mini Van for 5 ~ 10 travellersUSD 220.00
- Upgrade to Coach Bus for 11 ~ 40 travellersUSD 920.00
- For Families
- Historical & Cultural
- Learn & Experience
- Outdoor & Sightseeing
- Unique & Localized
- transport via private car for 1 ~ 4 travellers* (PRICE = 280 USD)
- transportation fees, fuel, toll and parking fees.
- pick up from hotel / cruise / airport
- experienced and knowledgeable tour guide
- 2 bottle drinking water per person
- Visit the Penang Heritage area, the Street of Harmony, Clan Jetty
- Visit the attractions such as Khoo Kongsi Clan House, Penang State Museum, Pinang Peranakan Museum, 3-D interactive museum**
* Refer to transport arrangement for more than 4 travellers
** The suggested entrance fee for the standard itinerary in this page is about USD15/person, this is for attractions to Khoo Kongsi Clan House, Penang State Museum, Pinang Peranakan Museum, 3-D interactive museum etc.
This tour starts at 9 am and ends 8 to 9 hours later:
~ Pick-up from hotel / ship / airport
~ Penang State Museum*
~ Penang Heritage area - Victoria Clock, Fort Cornwallis, City Hall, Town Hall, Esplanade Field, Cenotaph, High court and Logan Memorial.
~ Street of Harmony - St George Church, Goddess of Mercy Temple, Sri Mahamariamam Temple, Kapitan Kling Mosque and Acheh mosque
~ Khoo Kongsi*
~ Lunch local hawker center/Moslem Nasi Kandar*
~ Pinang Peranakan Mansion*
~ 3-D Interactive Museum*
~ George Town Street Arts & Black wrought iron sculptures
~ Clan Jetty
~ Back to hotel / ship / airport
~ For cruise ship stop-over passengers: Pickup @ Penang Cruise Center (Swettenham Port).
~ For free travelers: Pickup @ hotel lobby.
~ Or pickup at any location as agreed (e.g. airport or bus station).
I will be holding a TravelBuddee placard displaying your name, number of travellers and my name.
~ Car - Toyota Rush (can seat maximum 7, but I
limit it to 4 for comfort), Toyota Vios or Honda City - all air
conditioned and good condition.
~ Tour Van - Air conditioned, can seat up to 5-12 but I limit to 5-10 passengers (Additional USD 220)
~ Bus - Air conditioned, can seat up to 40 passengers. (Additional USD920)