Half day George Town Heritage Tour
Penang, Ipoh, Langkawi & Northern States, Malaysia
A warm welcome to Penang. I am a LICENSED city tour guide by Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Malaysia. I have been calling George Town, Penang - UNESCO World Heritage Site, my home for more than 30 years now.
My customers comes from all walks of life and from all over the world, be it free individual travelers who flew in, to passengers from cruise ship stop-over at Penang, or tourists who drove in from neighboring countries.
I provide TOUR GUIDING SERVICE + TRANSPORTATION for tours, focusing mainly on Penang island and Penang mainland. With transport, It is definitely more convenient and enjoyable to experience what Penang has to offer within the shortest time. While one may travels George Town heritage enclave by foot, there are many places of interest located outside George Town such as Penang Hill, Kek Lok Si Temple, Tropical Spice Garden, Tropical Fruit Farm and Entopia Butterfly Farm.
Customers can choose either to do half-day, full-day or multiple-days tour of Penang only; or Penang plus other nearby locations, depending on how many hours or days they have in Penang.
1) 4-hour half-day tour or 8-hour full day *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for George Town city tour.
2) 4-hour half-day or 8-hour full-day tour *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for round Penang Island tour, Penang Hills and Temples tour and Penang Firefly Tour.
3) MULTIPLE full-day tour (quoted as per day rate of 8 hours) *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for George Town and Penang tour & Penang mainland tour.
The tour takes you on a visit to George Town's heritage enclave - heritage houses, clan houses and living heritage in Penang. Understand why this city, together with Malacca, were inscribed as UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site in 2008.
Find out about George Town's diverse multi-racial cultures of Chinese, Indian, Malay and European with their living styles, past and present, that live harmoniously side by side of each other along the same street.
You also get to try a wide myriad of mouth watering foods created by fusion of east meet south meet west - Char Koay Teow, Curry Mee, Hokkien Mee, Satay, Nasi Kandar, Roti Chanai and Chendol. Just lip smacking good.
- Upgrade to Mini Van Option for 5 to 10 TravellersUSD 130.00
- Upgrade to Coach Bus Option for 11 to 40 TravellersUSD 450.00
- For Families
- Historical & Cultural
- Learn & Experience
- Outdoor & Sightseeing
- Unique & Localized
- transport via private car for 1 ~ 4 travellers* (PRICE = 150 USD)
- transportation fees, fuel, toll and parking fees.
- pick up from hotel / cruise / airport
- experienced and knowledgeable tour guide
- 1 bottle drinking water per person
- Visit the Penang Heritage area and the Street of Harmony
- Visit the attractions such as Khoo Kongsi Clan House, Penang State Museum**
* Refer to transport arrangement for more than 4 travellers
** The suggested entrance fee for the standard itinerary in this page is about USD10/person, this is for attractions to Khoo Kongsi Clan House, Penang State Museum etc.
The base price (USD 150) EXCLUDES all entrance ticket fees and meals. You need to pay the entrance fee on the day of arrival and shall be paid to the tourist attractions directly.
This Tour normally starts at 9 am and ends between 4 to 5 hours later.
- Pick up from hotel / cruise / airport
- Visit Various Heritage landmarks such as: the Victoria Clock, Fort Cornwallis, City Hall, Town Hall, Esplanade Field, Cenotaph, High Court and Logan Memorial
- Explore the Street of Harmony such as: St George Church, Goddess of Mercy Temple, Sri Mahamariamam Temple, Kapitan Kling Mosque and Acheh Mosque
- Penang State Museum + Khoo Kongsi Clan House**
- Lunch local hawker center/Moslem Nasi Kandar**
- Back to hotel / cruise center / airport
- For cruise ship stop-over passengers: pickup @ Penang Cruise Center (Swettenham Port)
- For free travellers: pickup @ hotel lobby.
- or pickup at any location as agreed (eg: airport or bus station)
I will be holding a TravelBuddee placard displaying your name, number of travellers and my name.
- Private Car for 1 ~ 4 travellers + Tour guide who doubles as driver (USD 150)
- Private Mini Van for 5 ~ 10 travellers + Tour guide + Driver (USD 280, Additional USD130)
- Coach Bus for 11 ~ 40 travellers + Tour guide + Driver (USD 600, Additional USD 450)
Fun and fact filled tour with knowledgeable Maxby Ivan on January 4, 2017 3:12am UTC
I booked this tour for my family and me. Max was punctual, and he picked us up at our hotel lobby. The transport was spacious and comfortable.
Max is a highly experienced and knowledgeable guide. It seems like he knows everything about Penang, from history to heritage and he showed us interesting things around Penang that you would not have known if there isn't a guide with you. There is an instance where he brought us to a particular attraction and advised us that it is not worth the entrance fee but brought us to see the landmark from another angle and furnish us with the facts about it.
The private tour is customizable and all in all, my family enjoyed the time with Max a lot.