Penang Hills and Temples Half-Day Tour
Penang, Ipoh, Langkawi & Northern States, Malaysia
A warm welcome to Penang. I am a LICENSED city tour guide by Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Malaysia. I have been calling George Town, Penang - UNESCO World Heritage Site, my home for more than 30 years now.
My customers comes from all walks of life and from all over the world, be it free individual travelers who flew in, to passengers from cruise ship stop-over at Penang, or tourists who drove in from neighboring countries.
I provide TOUR GUIDING SERVICE + TRANSPORTATION for tours, focusing mainly on Penang island and Penang mainland. With transport, It is definitely more convenient and enjoyable to experience what Penang has to offer within the shortest time. While one may travels George Town heritage enclave by foot, there are many places of interest located outside George Town such as Penang Hill, Kek Lok Si Temple, Tropical Spice Garden, Tropical Fruit Farm and Entopia Butterfly Farm.
Customers can choose either to do half-day, full-day or multiple-days tour of Penang only; or Penang plus other nearby locations, depending on how many hours or days they have in Penang.
1) 4-hour half-day tour or 8-hour full day *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for George Town city tour.
2) 4-hour half-day or 8-hour full-day tour *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for round Penang Island tour, Penang Hills and Temples tour and Penang Firefly Tour.
3) MULTIPLE full-day tour (quoted as per day rate of 8 hours) *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for George Town and Penang tour & Penang mainland tour.
Since the British first settled here, they had always yearn for respite from the depressing heat, thus they set sight on the highest peak in Penang i. e. Penang Hill or locally known as Bukit Bendera.
They built a railway up the hill and
bungalows on the hill for retreat during weekend. Here we can see the legacy of the bungalows left
behind by the British. This is coupled with experiencing a colder climate
compared to lowland.
During the British era the Chinese flourished and thrived. They practiced their religion steadfastly and built many temples that rivalled those in China, if not better! One of the better one is Kek Lok Si, better described as the largest Buddhist's theme park in South East Asia. There is a saying here in Penang - "you have not been to Penang if you have not been to Penang Hill and Kek Lok Si".
- Upgrade to Private Mini Van for 5 ~ 10 travellersUSD 100.00
- Upgrade to Coach Bus for 11 ~ 40 travellersUSD 420.00
- For Families
- Historical & Cultural
- Learn & Experience
- Outdoor & Sightseeing
- Unique & Localized
- transport via private car for 1 ~ 4 travellers* (PRICE = 180 USD)
- transportation fees, fuel, toll and parking fees.
- pick up from hotel / cruise / airport
- experienced and knowledgeable tour guide
- 1 bottle drinking water per person
- Visit Penang Hill and various attractions including Kek Lok Si Temple and Kuan Yin Statue**
* Refer to transport arrangement for more than 4 travellers
** The base price (USD 180) EXCLUDES all entrance ticket fees and meals. You need to pay the entrance fee on the day of arrival and shall be paid to the tourist attractions directly. The entrance fee is USD 20/person which includes entrance to Penang Hill and Kuan Yin Statue.
This tour normally starts at 9am and ends 4 to 5 hours later.
~ Pick-up from hotel / cruise / airport
~ Penang Hill**
~ Kek Lok Si temple and Kuan Yin Statue**
~ Tallest mosque and Hindu temple on Penang.
~ Lunch in hawker centre / Moslem Nasi Kandar**
~ Back at hotel / cruise / airport
- For cruise ship stop-over passengers: pickup @ Penang Cruise Center (Swettenham Port)
- For free travellers: pickup @ hotel lobby.
- or pickup at any location as agreed (eg: airport or bus station)
I will be holding a TravelBuddee placard displaying your name, number of travellers and my name.
- Private Car for 1 ~ 4 travellers + Tour guide who doubles as driver (USD 180)
- Private Mini Van for 5 ~ 10 travellers + Tour guide + Driver (USD 280, Additional USD100)
- Coach Bus for 11 ~ 40 travellers + Tour guide + Driver (USD 600, Additional USD 420)