Round Penang Island Full-Day Tour
Penang, Ipoh, Langkawi & Northern States, Malaysia
A warm welcome to Penang. I am a LICENSED city tour guide by Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Malaysia. I have been calling George Town, Penang - UNESCO World Heritage Site, my home for more than 30 years now.
My customers comes from all walks of life and from all over the world, be it free individual travelers who flew in, to passengers from cruise ship stop-over at Penang, or tourists who drove in from neighboring countries.
I provide TOUR GUIDING SERVICE + TRANSPORTATION for tours, focusing mainly on Penang island and Penang mainland. With transport, It is definitely more convenient and enjoyable to experience what Penang has to offer within the shortest time. While one may travels George Town heritage enclave by foot, there are many places of interest located outside George Town such as Penang Hill, Kek Lok Si Temple, Tropical Spice Garden, Tropical Fruit Farm and Entopia Butterfly Farm.
Customers can choose either to do half-day, full-day or multiple-days tour of Penang only; or Penang plus other nearby locations, depending on how many hours or days they have in Penang.
1) 4-hour half-day tour or 8-hour full day *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for George Town city tour.
2) 4-hour half-day or 8-hour full-day tour *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for round Penang Island tour, Penang Hills and Temples tour and Penang Firefly Tour.
3) MULTIPLE full-day tour (quoted as per day rate of 8 hours) *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for George Town and Penang tour & Penang mainland tour.
Penang, located at north west of Peninsular Malaysia, is a small island
but it is compact with interesting and intriguing places. It is the
first British Settlement in Malaysia and it flourished and thrived to
became the busiest port in the region then. Penang is best known as a
melting port for many ethnic groups with the most prominent trade was
spices; which the early European paid dearly for these "green gold". The
British first planted nutmegs in Penang and then many private planters
planted spices like nutmeg, clove, cardamon, chili, and pepper, mostly
on the western side of Penang Island. The Hakka Chinese came and planted
durian and the Malays planted paddy and fruit trees. When one travels
on north and western side of Penang, there are orchards upon orchards
that feast the eyes, quite an unique experience merely some 30 to 45
minutes away from George Town. Beside that northern Penang boasted the
world smallest National Park and the world largest butterfly park to
- Upgrade to Private Mini Van for 5 ~ 10 travellersUSD 220.00
- Upgrade to Coach Bus for 11 ~ 40 travellersUSD 920.00
- For Families
- Historical & Cultural
- Learn & Experience
- Outdoor & Sightseeing
- Unique & Localized
- transport via private car for 1 ~ 4 travellers* (PRICE = 280 USD)
- transportation fees, fuel, toll and parking fees.
- pick up from hotel / cruise / airport
- experienced and knowledgeable tour guide
- 2 bottle drinking water per person
- Visit the Penang National Park Jetty, Teluk Bahang Dam, Balik Pulau Town
- Visit the attractions such as Tropical Spice Garden, Entopia Butterfly Park**
* Refer to transport arrangement for more than 4 travellers
** The suggested entrance fee for the standard itinerary in this page is about USD25/person, this is for attractions to Spice garden, Entopia Butterfly Park etc.
The base price (USD 280) EXCLUDES all entrance ticket fees and meals. You need to pay the entrance fee on the day of arrival and shall be paid to the tourist attractions directly.
This tour starts at 9 am and ends 8 to 9 hours later.
~ Pick-up from hotel/ship/airport
~ Tropical Spice Garden*
~ Batik Craft
~ Penang National Park jetty
~ Lunch Penang Nasi Kandar / Moslem Nasi Kandar*
~ Entopia butterfly park*
~ Teluk Bahang Dam scenic view
~ Titi Kerawang Fruit stalls
~ Nutmeg factory
~ Balik Pulau town - traditional Malay house, street art murals, Chinese kampung house
~ Back to hotel/ship/airport
~ For cruise ship stop-over passengers: Pickup @ Penang Cruise Center (Swettenham Port).
~ For free travelers: Pickup @ hotel lobby.
~ Or pickup at any location as agreed (e.g. airport or bus station).
Transportation Method: ~ Car - Toyota Rush (can seat maximum 7, but I
limit it to 4 for comfort), Toyota Vios or Honda City - all air
conditioned and good condition.
~ Tour Van - Air conditioned, can seat up to 5-12 but I limit to 5-10 passengers (Additional USD 220)
~ Bus - Air conditioned, can seat up to 11 - 40 passengers (Additional USD 920)