Round Penang Island Half-Day Tour
Penang, Ipoh, Langkawi & Northern States, Malaysia
A warm welcome to Penang. I am a LICENSED city tour guide by Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Malaysia. I have been calling George Town, Penang - UNESCO World Heritage Site, my home for more than 30 years now.
My customers comes from all walks of life and from all over the world, be it free individual travelers who flew in, to passengers from cruise ship stop-over at Penang, or tourists who drove in from neighboring countries.
I provide TOUR GUIDING SERVICE + TRANSPORTATION for tours, focusing mainly on Penang island and Penang mainland. With transport, It is definitely more convenient and enjoyable to experience what Penang has to offer within the shortest time. While one may travels George Town heritage enclave by foot, there are many places of interest located outside George Town such as Penang Hill, Kek Lok Si Temple, Tropical Spice Garden, Tropical Fruit Farm and Entopia Butterfly Farm.
Customers can choose either to do half-day, full-day or multiple-days tour of Penang only; or Penang plus other nearby locations, depending on how many hours or days they have in Penang.
1) 4-hour half-day tour or 8-hour full day *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for George Town city tour.
2) 4-hour half-day or 8-hour full-day tour *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for round Penang Island tour, Penang Hills and Temples tour and Penang Firefly Tour.
3) MULTIPLE full-day tour (quoted as per day rate of 8 hours) *INCLUDING* tour guide + vehicle for George Town and Penang tour & Penang mainland tour.
Penang, located at north west of Peninsular Malaysia, is a small island
but it is compact with interesting and intriguing places. It is the
first British Settlement in Malaysia and it flourished and thrived to
became the busiest port in the region then. Penang is best known as a
melting port for many ethnic groups with the most prominent trade was
spices; which the early European paid dearly for these "green gold". The
British took to plant nutmegs in Penang and then many private planters
planted spices like nutmeg, clove, cardamon, chilli, and pepper, mostly
on the western side of Penang Island. The Chinese, especially the Hakka,
came and planted durian while the Malays planted paddy and fruit trees.
Nowadays, when one travels on north and western side of Penang, there
are orchards upon orchards that feast the eyes, quite an unique
experience merely some 30 to 45 minutes away from the UNESCO world
heritage city of George Town.
- Upgrade to Mini Van Option for 5 to 10 TravellersUSD 100.00
- Upgrade to Coach Bus for 11 ~ 40 travellersUSD 420.00
- For Families
- Learn & Experience
- Outdoor & Sightseeing
- Unique & Localized
- transport via private car for 1 ~ 4 travellers* (PRICE = 180 USD)
- transportation fees, fuel, toll and parking fees.
- pick up from hotel / cruise / airport
- experienced and knowledgeable tour guide
- 1 bottle drinking water per person
- Visit the Teluk Bahang Dam, Balik Pulau Town
- Visit the attractions such as Tropical Spice Garden**
* Refer to transport arrangement for more than 4 travellers
** The suggested entrance fee for the standard itinerary in this page is about USD22/person, this is for attractions to Spice garden etc.
The base price (USD 180) EXCLUDES all entrance ticket fees and meals. You need to pay the entrance fee on the day of arrival and shall be paid to the tourist attractions directly.
This tour starts at 9 am and ends 4 to 5 hours later.
~ Pick-up from hotel/ship/airport
~ Tropical Spice Garden*
~ Batik Craft
~ Teluk Bahang Dam scenic view
~ Nutmeg factory
~ Balik Pulau town - traditional Malay house
~ Back to hotel/ship/airport
~ For cruise ship stop-over passengers: Pickup @ Penang Cruise Center (Swettenham Port).
~ For free travelers: Pickup @ hotel lobby.
~ Or pickup at any location as agreed (e.g. airport or bus station).
~ Car - Toyota Rush (can seat maximum 7, but I limit it to 4 for
comfort), or Toyota Vios or Honda City - all air conditioned and great
~ Tour Van - Air conditioned, can seat up to 5-12 but I limit to 5-10 passengers (Additional USD 100)
~ Bus - Air conditioned, can seat up to 40 passengers (Additional USD 420)